Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You Do The Math...

OK... I get my hair done once a month (I know not hardly often enough, but here's the point...) every time I go I get a wash and set and a deep condition. Check this... A deep condition usually runs about $10-$15 depending where you go. Most salons these days actually sell the same products they use on their patrons TO their patrons. Here's what you do... Buy a bottle of the conditioner your stylist uses on your hair from your stylist. Then, at your next visit(and visits to come) bring that same bottle instead of having them use their own. More than likely they won't charge you for deep condition... or it will be considerably discounted... JUST ASK 'EM! All pricing of course will vary, but where there's a benefit is undeniable. Make sure you do the calculations specific to your salon and it's conditioners to maximize your savings. Here's the breakdown for my salon... Standard deep conditions are $10- if I bring my own conditioner it's $3... a bottle of my salon's conditioner is $18 (sounds expensive, but look) 1 bottle of conditioner last for 5 washes or more. So, what I would pay $50 for, I only end up paying $33 (total for 5 washes @ $3 + $18 bottle) ... sometimes they don't even charge for the deep condition at all... Now dats wussup!

No comments: