Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Luk Wut I can Do

I-ight so, home improvement is obviously something to be taken seriously. If done right the changes and updates to a home can increase the value considerably. So, naturally I decided to take a stab at it... I bought a house a few months ago, and by a few I mean several, and it needed a few updates. For one, the fireplace was a HOT mess. Now, even though changing the fireplace probably won't necessarily add any monetary value (per say) to my spot... it couldn't hurt to spruce it up a bit, plus it just looks soooo much better... especially, since I saved a ton of dough by doing it myself (all by myself might I add). But, you can too... here are the steps I took... 1)Measure the space (I had a case left over from when I had my floors done so I just used that) 2)Measure the tile to fit the areas... There's a lot of neat ways to determine how to and where to cut your tile. Me personally, I just placed the tile, drew a line across where I needed to cut and then... 3) Cut the tile (you'll need to rent a tile cutter from somewhere like The Home Depot... you shouldn't need it for more than that day) 4)Add adhesive/mortar 5)Place the tile (let it sit for the time noted on the adhesive) 6)Mix and add your grout 7)Let it dry
For more in-depth instructions click here. before...................................after........................................

No comments: